Terms & Conditions
The renter is responsible for the following maintenance of the leased furniture; cleaning, repair of minor damage from ordinary use, and any damage caused by pets. The lessor is responsible for the following maintenance of the leased furniture; repair of major damage from ordinary use, if without such repairs the furniture is not functional.
Termination By Renter
At the end of the minimum rental period, the renter may at any time terminate this contract after notifying the owner five (5) days in advance in person or by telephone, otherwise this contract will continue in force on a month to month basis.
Termination By Owner
This agreement shall at the option of the owner and without notice terminate upon the failure of renter to make every rental payment required herein on or before the date due, or by breach by the renter of any agreement, condition or representation, or if the renter files any debtor's rights action including bankruptcy, wage earner, etc. or if the furniture is removed from the address of the renter shown above. Renter agrees to allow owner to take immediate possession of its property, and renter shall remain liable for all payments here under to the date of termination.
The renter shall pay a $15.00 late charge should the owner agree to accept payment if the contract is five (5) days or more past due.
Any deletions, additions, or exchanges will be allowed with expenses incurred paid by the Renter, a minimum of $85.00, other than exchanges of defective merchandise. This fee is required before service is completed.
Credit approval by the lessor is required before the furniture will be delivered. Renter will be notified if credit is not approved. The Renter agrees that the lessor is authorized to investigate the Renter's credit record and to report to proper persons and bureaus the Renter's performance of this agreement.
CREDIT REPORT FEES
All applications are subject to credit approval. A non-refundable fee of $20.00 will be charged for each credit report.
The additional terms and conditions enumerated below are included as part of this contract. Renter acknowledges receipt of a copy of this contract.
ADDITIONAL STIPULATIONS TO RENTAL CONTRACT
1. At the end of the minimum rental period, the renter may at any time terminate this contract after notifying the owner five(5) days in advance in person or by telephone, otherwise this contract will continue in force on a month to month basis.
2. Renter shall comply with and conform to all Federal, State and Municipal and other laws, ordinances and regulations in any way relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the rental property.
3. This contract shall not be assigned or transferred by Renter without the prior written consent of Owner but shall be subject to assignment by Owner. No waiver by the Owner of any breach by Renter of any of its obligations hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other obligation, nor shall any forbearance by the Owner to seek a remedy for any breach by Renter be deemed a waiver by Owner of its rights or remedies with respect to such breach.
4. The rented property is and shall be at all times be and remain the sole exclusive personal property of Owner or its assigns and the Renter shall have no right, title or interest therein or thereto as expressly set forth in this Rental Contract.
5. Upon the expiration or termination of this contract, Renter shall immediately surrender possession of and return said property to Owner; said property shall be free of any and all claims thereto by Renter or any party holding under or making any claims by virtue of Renter.
6. In the event Renter fails to pay in full promptly on due date any monthly rental or other monies owing under this contract; Renter violates or fails to abide strictly by any of the other provisions of this contract; or if Renter becomes bankrupt, or is arrested and held in jail for more than three days, or abandons said property; or it it appears that Renter has moved or is planning to move said property to another address, or has surrendered or is planning to surrender possession of it to a third party, or has otherwise defaulted hereunder; then upon the happening of any one of the said events, and notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 above, Owner shall have the right forthwith and without prior notice to enter any premises where said property is located and take immediate possession of said property without the necessity of any legal or judicial process; and Renter shall be obligated to reimburse Owner for all expenses related to any reasonable effort to repossess its property including reasonable attorney’s fees.
7. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia and shall inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Owner.
8. The renter agrees to pay all property taxes, if any, levied upon you as a consequence of your use or possession of the property.
Renter will be provided the opportunity to inspect said furniture, and based upon such inspection acknowledge and agrees that said furniture is in good condition, without any infestations, clean, sanitary, and suitable for the uses contemplated by renter. Renter further acknowledges and agrees that the furniture is provided and rented by Lessor on an "as is" condition and basis with all faults. Renter acknowledges and agrees that Lessor has not made, does not make and specifically negates and disclaims any representations, warranties, promises, covenants, agreements or guaranties of any kind or character whatsoever, whether express or implied, oral or written, past, present or future,of,as to, concerning or with respect to (a) the value, nature, quality or condition of the furniture; (b) the habitability, merchantability, marketability, profitability or fitness for a particular purpose of the furniture; (c) the manner or quality of the construction of materials, if any, incorporated into the furniture; (d) the manner, quality, state of repair or lack of repair of the furniture; or (e) any other matter with respect to the furniture.
It is the renter's responsibility to make arrangements for us to get in your home/unit to deliver or furniture. If Furniture Rentals is unable to get in, there will be a minimum charge of $99.00 to help compensate our expenses for the trip.
This furniture CANNOT be moved from the address on your contract except by an authorized Furniture Rentals, Inc. employee. The furniture is rented property and is owned solely by Furniture Rentals, Inc.
You will also be held responsible for any damages to your rented property. Damages beyond normal use can include but not limited to, stains, pet hair, burns, rips/tears, etc. Damages to bedding will begin at $200.00.
By signing this contract you agree that all water to the unit is turned on, if in fact you have rented a washer and dryer. We will test these items while we are in the unit. If the water is turned on after we leave the unit, you release Furniture Rentals, Inc. from liability for damages incurred from water damages.